Friday, October 19, 2012

Concrete Bedroom Part 2

Concrete Bedroom Part 2 is a continued post from Concrete Bedroom Part 1.  Click on link if you would like to read it first.

The headboard...everyone I told I was going to make my daughter a concrete headboard thought we I was nuts, I even thought I went nuts.  I had NO idea how I was going to pull this one off.

BUT I did and it looks great!

First thing first, the molds. 
mold made of melamine, sealed with 100% silicone


thin steel added for structure


concrete screened and leveled
 Next the base of the headboard.  We used Kailyn's old bed frame, removed the head board and built our own headboard frame that the concrete would fit into/onto.

frame for headboard

slanted back
 As you see we made a self to fit a few glass pieces of Kailyn's and her alarm clock.


attached old bed to new headboard



installed concrete



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for the comment love

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...